Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How do you share any of your nifty experiences with others without having them think you are bragging? Do you like to share joys?

How do you share any of your nifty experiences with others without having them think you are bragging? Do you like to share joys?

Do you only share your joys and keep all your sorrows to yourself? Why?

Posted - April 8, 2021

Responses

Sharing ones "nifty" experiences isn't necessarily bragging (although it can go that far).  Rather it's simply desiring to share with another something that brought you great happiness.  Humans are social and desire to share their lives with other (at least one).  Unfortunately, we live in a "me" society.  Most people are more interested in/with themselves than others (if there's nothing in it for me, then who cares!).  Some may put on a fake smile and feign interest at others "experiences", but few really care.  Then we wonder why there's so much depression and loneliness in the world.
      April 8, 2021 4:44 PM MDT

I LOVE sharing, learning, passing along thoughts and information to others. I LOVE exchanging ideas. You know this because you do too m'dear. I do well in isolation. I enjoy solitude. As do you. But when I want to reach out and engage with others it's usually no holds barred. Oh how I wish my "real" world were in my complete control as is my internet world. That is to say I control everything about being here. Of course I can't control what others say but I can control whether or not I choose to engage with them. In my "real" world? I WISH! Sometime exuberance takes over. I go off on a riff. Other times I stay on message and focus. I can wish anything here and WHAT IF anything and create/invent everything anything or nothing! A place to let off steam and vent and dream unchecked without doing any damage to anyone including me. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 9, 2021 12:21 PM MDT
      April 9, 2021 2:54 AM MDT