Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You get up as usual and start your day never really knowing FOR SURE what it will bring. Know what we got unexpectedly Thursday, April 8?

You get up as usual and start your day never really knowing FOR SURE what it will bring. Know what we got unexpectedly Thursday, April 8?

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine! No kidding! That's the only vaccine they wee giving. We've been waiting for it specifically and there it was! All good things come to those who wait!

A neighbor told us that a local pharmacy, The Medicine Shoppe in Hemet, was giving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine! Her dad had gotten it the prior day.

I called and asked for appointments for Jim and me. The gal said there was a waiting list for it and I asked for her to put our names down. Asked when it might be available and she said "next week". Fine and dandy. That was in the morning.

About 3:30 pm we get a phone call. Two appointments are available that day and would we like them? Of course we said yes.

Easy peasy. Filled out a form. Waited our turn...about 20 minutes. Got the shots.  It's a bit more uncomfortable and takes a bit longer than most shots but all things considered it's no biggie! Waited for about 15 minutes to make sure we were OKAY and we were and are.

Boy. What a difference a day makes. Sometimes it's not so hot...sometimes it's pretty darn amazing.

What nifty thing happened unexpectedly to you recently?

Posted - April 9, 2021

Responses