Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When you quit do you "let 'er rip" or always leave on good terms in case you ever need to go back? Have you?

When you quit do you "let 'er rip" or always leave on good terms in case you ever need to go back? Have you?

I did go back to a place I left and everything was fine. They were happy to have me return and I was happy to be back there. But I think perhaps that is rare.

Posted - April 18, 2021

Responses

I have only left one job and "let it rip."  I was there for six months and the partner I worked for spent 5.5 of them trying to get me into bed.  On my last day, I went into his office and told him I thought he was an unmitigated p*!ck.  I have never left any other job on bad terms.  
      April 18, 2021 1:44 PM MDT

You did? Wow! GOOD FOR YOU m'dear! GOOD FOR YOU! I never had to deal with that thankfully. Here's how I dealt with a compliment. I didn't like them. I walked in to a Vice President's office (the boss of my boss) to give him something. I don't remember what. He was a very nice man. He said "you look especially pretty today". You know what I said? "That makes me very uncomfortable." You know what he said then? "I'm sorry I didn't mean anything by it." He never made me pay for my reaction and I never had any others problems except long before that a "boss" had put his hand on my knee. I immediately reported him to the Human Relations director and they transferred me to another location which turned out to be closer to home. Later on I heard that he was fired. A local waitress reported him for something he did. I remember his name. Alexander J. Moncrieff-Yeates! A creep. So long ago. After he was fired for that I have no idea what he did. Of course he was married. Poor wife. Most men are gentlemen and kind. The few that are creeps stand out in our minds! Thank you for your reply L! :) He's probably dead by now. I think I'll Google him. Think I might get sued for outing him by name?  Too funny!
      April 19, 2021 2:49 AM MDT

Good for you.  :)
      April 19, 2021 6:47 AM MDT

I don't ever "suffer in silence". Not yet anyway! :)
      April 20, 2021 4:07 AM MDT

Me either. :)
      April 20, 2021 6:36 AM MDT

What's the best way to show "giggling" L? Hahahahahaha. I don't LOL. I kinda like to spell things out. Oh I got it. Hahahahaha. Giggling. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Laughing long and hard OUT LOUD! :) You're a great sounding board. Just listen and sometimes I figure it out! :)
      April 20, 2021 6:40 AM MDT

Glad I make you laugh. :)
      April 20, 2021 6:41 AM MDT

:):):):):):) Me too!
      April 20, 2021 6:44 AM MDT