Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Here I go out on another limb. I think those folks who don't have children UNDERESTIMATE their intellect awareness and comprehension. You?

Here I go out on another limb. I think those folks who don't have children UNDERESTIMATE their intellect awareness and comprehension. You?

It is an amazing thing to watch the development of a human being from infant to adult. I think I can speak for parents in this regard. How often have your children surprised you with their observations and questions and views? At what age did YOUR child argue with you about anything? I don't know why so many underestimate the minds/brains of children. It is their loss for sure. Just an opinion. Do any of you out there share it? The first solid difference of opinion and argument my son gave me was when he was about 3. I forget the topic but it  was very lengthy and very serious and I was so proud of him and pleased that he was confident enough in himself that he would challenge me. I'm sure my son was not unique in that regard. Childless "experts" are amusing when they pontificate on children when they don't have any themselves. And so it goes.

Posted - April 20, 2021

Responses