Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some folks use everything they have. Others want and buy and then put it in a closet or on a shelf or in the garage. Why buy?

Some folks use everything they have. Others want and buy and then put it in a closet or on a shelf or in the garage. Why buy?

Why must you own something you rarely or never use?

Do you?

Posted - April 22, 2021

Responses

I have been asking my wife that for years. I should call American Pickers. If something is on mega-sale, she will buy it, put it in the garage or basement and then say we might need it later. Ten years from then.....
      April 22, 2021 4:02 PM MDT

My Jim and your Pat would get along fabulously! I cannot tell you how many things Jim has bought and maybe used once or not at all we have in the garage in closets under the beds. When we first met I thought it was a bit wacky (I'm being kind). But well he is such a nice guy so I fell in love and well what are ya gonna once that happens? It could be worse. He could be a drunk or a womanizer. He is neither. He is simply an inveterate shopper who LOVES to putz around. Now to be fair he often comes home with things for me. Maybe most of them end up on a shelf somewhere but a few things he bought and brought home for me now I don't know how I lived without them. So I've adjusted. There is just something inside of them that drives them to keep doing it. COVID slowed him down quite a lot. But he is just waiting to rev up again. We got our shots two weeks ago yesterday...the J&J. We still mask and glove and social distance. So we'll see. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      April 23, 2021 2:07 AM MDT