Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Fair is fair" and unfair isn't. Would you like to even things out once in awhile? Why do only the bad cops get written about?

"Fair is fair" and unfair isn't. Would you like to even things out once in awhile? Why do only the bad cops get written about?

We all know that ALL cops aren't bad. The encounters I've had with them have been good. Only once was a cop in a sour mood but he still was polite. The other times they've gone out of their way to help me.

So WHAT IF every newspaper ran a story EVERY DAY about something heroic or kind or good that a cop did somewhere?

I know it isn't as sexy or glamorous or exciting but would you like to read those stories? I sure would.

Posted - April 24, 2021

Responses

Shows like COPS and Live PD. Showed good cops and the good some do and what they have to put up with. 

They pulled those all off the air. Because they showed good cops. 
      April 24, 2021 7:42 AM MDT

When was it on m2c? I never heard of those shows. Was it on Netflix or HBO? We don't subscribe to any of those premium channels. We do get sports channel of course. Why would "they" pull it off the air because "they" showed good cops? They pulled it off the air because no one watched it m2c. They don't pull off POPULAR shows. It's all about ratings you know. Ratings rock and roll and rule. Thank you for your reply. No popular show that remained very popular is pulled unless there is something else going on like the stars want more money or something. I'm just sayin' that's what I think.
      April 24, 2021 7:48 AM MDT

Both on regular cable channels.

COPS had been on air since 1989.  Even reruns were played multiple times daily.  Originally on FOX entertainment (1989-2013) , then on SPIKE/Paramount (2013-2020).

LIVE PD came on every weekend on A&E since 2016. The host was Doug Abrams.   

The took them off  last summer because they humanized police. 

LIVE PD was the most watched cable show on both Fri and Sat nights.

A&E  and Paramount bowed to leftist pressure to distance themselves from the police.  Stupid on their part.  But I suppose it may have stopped the studios from being destroyed....
      April 24, 2021 8:28 AM MDT

Why are you so insistent it is gone because "they" humanized them? Are you paranoid d'ya think? Everything that goes on you don't like is always a conspiracy pushed by leftists and democrats and anti FOOTOO FOLKS?
    Seriously you really believe that?

OK. Whatever. You could be right. Since I didn't even know those shows existed how would I know why they don't? This post was edited by RosieG at April 24, 2021 9:28 AM MDT
      April 24, 2021 8:42 AM MDT

Yes....Lizard people who eat and sexually abuse children is a conspiracy theory.  

They cancelled a 2 Cop shows both with high ratings.  They even tried to go after a pre-k cartoon dog that dresses in a Police uniform.  That got smacked down by the parents. 

You can decide why for yourself why they cancelled them.  But if facts tell you it was not lack of ratings. 
      April 24, 2021 12:47 PM MDT