Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think in general as people age they "shrink" a bit and slender down a bit. Appetite is less and maybe the food you eat is healthier. SO?

I think in general as people age they "shrink" a bit and slender down a bit. Appetite is less and maybe the food you eat is healthier. SO?

So I just wonder what happens to SUMO wrestlers when they age? Do they shrink and slender down and eat more nutritious food? At what age does a SUMO wrestler lose his grip and retire? Anyone out there ever know one?

Posted - April 24, 2021

Responses

Many sumo wrestlers lose 20-30 pounds once they retire.  However, they have about a 10 year shorter lifespan than others (living to around 60-65 years of age)
      April 24, 2021 11:39 AM MDT

I think it must be very hard on the heart to have to keep alive that enormous weight. Gosh if you know that a certain profession causes you to lose ten years of living why would you practice it? I'll ask. I expect the money is very good and perhaps here is a certain amount of prestige/notoriety? Like bodybuilders/weightlifters? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      April 25, 2021 2:27 AM MDT