Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What other professions than teachng or social work don't attract/appeal to selfish greedy money-hungry hoors? Or is that it?

What other professions than teachng or social work don't attract/appeal to selfish greedy money-hungry hoors? Or is that it?

Posted - April 25, 2021

Responses

Everyone employed or self-employed obviously works for a living and hopes to earn as much as they can, but if you expand the definition of "profession" to mean any work that requires at least some skill, I think the trades and professions that attract merely the greedy are in the minority.

April 27, 2021 2:11 AM MDT

You do? You clearly have a higher opinion of people than I do Durdle. At least here in the states it seems to me that many more people are greedy money-hungry homo saps to whom honor integrity and kindness is  of little or no concern to them. Power. Success. Money. AARRGGHH! In the U.K. it's clearly different. Here teaching is often targeted and maligned and I don't think being a social worker is held in high esteem. Sad to say. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 27, 2021 2:19 AM MDT