Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How much money is invested/wasted on defending the guklty? Is a WIN all that lawyers care about? Getting the GUILTY off rocks their world?

How much money is invested/wasted on defending the guklty? Is a WIN all that lawyers care about? Getting the GUILTY off rocks their world?

Posted - April 26, 2021

Responses

They do not defend the "guilty" in the first trial, only in appeals.

The defendant is not guilty until the trial has proven his or her guilt beyond reasonable doubt; even where the defence has to rely mainly on extenuating or mitigating circumstances .
      April 27, 2021 1:41 AM MDT

"The defendant is not guilty until the trial has proven his or her guilt beyond reasonable doubt..."

Who questions the guilt of Chauvin? Did you listen to the ridiculously ABSURD extremes the "defense" went to in this defense? The "expert" witnesses who contradicted the prosecution witnesses with a straight face? The fact that I think it was 10 cops who testified against Chauvin saying that what he did was outside of the normal protocol? We certainly didn't need to listen to anyone  tell us what we saw or heard or interpret it for us. You are talking procedure and structure. A normal template in which everyone is placed. I object to the template. See what I mean? Some things I just do not accept. When they are ILLOGICAL. Now whether they are or not to others doesn't mean anything to me. I KNOW what makes sense to me and what doesn't. I am my own universe in that regard Durdle. I admit the fault can be with me and my inability to grasp or comprehend. I can only work with what I have in terms of intellect and judgment. Admittedly limited. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 27, 2021 2:37 AM MDT