Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Even though we witness a MURDER being committed along with multiple others we cannot call the perp a MURDERER until it is proven in court?

Even though we witness a MURDER being committed along with multiple others we cannot call the perp a MURDERER until it is proven in court?

This is logical because?

Posted - April 28, 2021

Responses

Because Murder is a legal term. 

You can call them a killer. But not all killers are murderers. 
      April 28, 2021 6:45 AM MDT

The defendant is charged with a specific offence or offences, tried for that and legally is not guilty unless and until proven otherwise.

If the unlawful killing was witnessed by many people then the chance of the defendant being even acquitted is not exactly high, and the defence may be reduced to finding extenuating circumstances; but the principle of a proper and fair trial must still apply.
      April 29, 2021 4:12 PM MDT

I know m'dear. For me in the case of Chauvin it was a dog & pony show. I don't know how much it cost to put it on. Of course there was a very great chance the white cop would walk free and clear having murdered just a black man. I mean all the preceding prior precedents that have been set led many of us to believe this would be another time the same thing happened. GUESS WHAT? WE WERE WRONG! This time. But during the trial tons of other blacks were murdered by white cops and how many of them will be similarly held accountable? Probably none. And so it goes. Meanwhile apparently there is some bipartisan attempt to reign in cops who murder. I don't know how it will conclude though. I'm not holding my breath. Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      April 30, 2021 2:37 AM MDT