Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Zack
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How often do you visit "yesterday"? How long do you stay? Yesterday I visited and boy what a trip. Ever hear of ME TV?

How often do you visit "yesterday"? How long do you stay? Yesterday I visited and boy what a trip. Ever hear of ME TV?

"Memorable Episodes". We watched

Cannon
Mannix
Perry Mason
Highway Patrol
The Carol Burnett Show
Alfred Hitchcock Presents

I was shocked surprised and saddened. They weren't very good. In fact they were dated and kinda boring. The storylines were thin and not very interesting. Yet at the time way back when we watched them regularly we looked forward to it.

You can go home again if you're lucky. Watching reruns of Lucille Ball or the Andy Griffith show is always fun. I wonder why some things age well and others don't. Like people.

Posted - May 5, 2021

Responses

I watch MeTV almost every night - Adan-12 and Andy Griffith mon-fri, and Svengoolie on Saturday.
    Sure they're lame, but they're better than the nasty modern day junk.
      May 5, 2021 11:23 PM MDT

Geez Shuhak I just discovered it by accident. We watch TVLAND a lot because that's where we find The Andy Griffith Show and others of that era. How long has ME TV been alive and well?Years ago when the Academy Awards were held I would have always seen almost all the movies that were up for awards. Today I don't even know what they are. Same with TV awards. So much is on channels we don't get...HBO etcetera. So the Awards Shows hold no allure for us. I don't know who the people are even! I guess that's progress! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      May 6, 2021 1:36 AM MDT

MeTV was founded in 2005.  Comcast, my cable provider, has carried MeTV for several years now.  It's also available for streaming free on Pluto TV, but their offerings are very limited.
    I've never cared about award shows (boring).
    In my opinion, a majority of new movies and TV shows out now are garbage.  They're either too violent, vulgar, or they contain stuff I don't want filling my mind.
      May 6, 2021 12:55 PM MDT

I was fan of AWARDS Shows when I knew what the movie or TV show was about. I had favorites and sometimes I'd be delighted and eleated and sometimes I was disappointed. The thing is you can't care about things you know nothing about. Since I know nothing about today's "stars" and productions I have no dog in the fight. I used to watch just to see the gowns the gals wore. But that got boring so now I don't bother. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. It's sad that "better" can be found in yesterday but not in today so what hope is there you will find it in tomorrow? :(
      May 7, 2021 5:29 AM MDT

Yes. We have several oldies TV channels. Many times it is the only thing decent on TV.

Me Tv
    TV Land
    Antenna TV
    Cozi TV
      May 6, 2021 1:12 PM MDT

I'm unfamiliar with Antenna TV or Cozi TV m2c but we are fans of MeTv and TV Land. I agree with you. Sometimes it's the only place you find anything worth watching. How sad is that? Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 7, 2021 5:31 AM MDT