Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you the one who found the best job you ever had or did it find you?

Are you the one who found the best job you ever had or did it find you?

Mine found me.

Out of the blue one day I got a call from a "headhunter" who got my name and number from a gal with whom I used to work. She had moved on and was the HUMAN RESOURCES (personnel department) head at the company she was working for at the time.

The job sounded interesting and I went to meet the person for whom I would work on a Saturday at a hotsy totsy spot in Westwood Village right next to UCLA! I know. High falutin'! That interview went well so I made an appointment at the company where I would be working and I went in for an interview with the person who would make the ultimate decision and we hit it off right off the bat!

This was a long time ago. I was making $18K/year where I was and I was offered the job at $23K and within three months got a raise. Yep. I fell in the honeypot alright having made no effort at all. When I left the company I was earning $40K/year plus a bonus of around $16K/year. No college degree. Just an AA degree in LIBERAL ARTS and I was the one who did the in-house accounting. It was a GREAT job. 100% insurance was paid. There was a profit-sharing plan too which I didn't even know about at the time of hire. I guess the gal with whom I spoke forgot about it. We'd pay 20% of insurance cost during the year and at the end of the year we got that 20% back in one lump sum.

I bet you've got a doozy of a story to share about your good luck? So would you?

Posted - May 9, 2021

Responses