Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Why is the US researching "gain of function" in viruses in 11 different labs? Our tax dollars at work?

Why is the US researching "gain of function" in viruses in 11 different labs? Our tax dollars at work?

Should Congress stop funding for it and any organization that funding it?

"Gain-of-function" is the euphemism for biological research aimed at increasing the virulence and lethality of pathogens and viruses. GoF research is government funded; its focus is on enhancing the pathogens' ability to infect different species and to increase their deadly impact as airborne pathogens and viruses

Posted - May 12, 2021

Responses

I don't want to go down a rabbit hole with you here, but when you say "The US", do you mean actual entities within the government? If so, I would assume you're talking about the Dept. of Defense. You ever see the movie 'Outbreak' with Dustin Hoffman and Morgan Freeman? It's not all that far-fetched. 

The US not only has their own biological weapons game, they "sold" it to Iraq and Saddam Hussein before that situation went south. We're good at backing the wrong horse. :(  

I wonder exactly what version of "America" it is that you and your comrades are talking about putting first? 
      May 12, 2021 8:53 PM MDT

I do not think our labs should be involved in it. I certainly do not think they should be working with China of all countries. That is what happened and how SARS2 came about. And Fauci is in the middle. 
      May 13, 2021 6:17 AM MDT