Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Checks are becoming EXTINCT. Will paper money and coin follow suit? Will all financial matters be handled with SMART PHONES?

Checks are becoming EXTINCT. Will paper money and coin follow suit? Will all financial matters be handled with SMART PHONES?

Bitcoin, dogecoin, crypto currency. The wave of the future or the NOW? Do you bitcoin?

Posted - May 15, 2021

Responses

It is quite possible.  There have been a few trial runs on converting all money to a plastic card (much like a refillable gift card0.  The major issue is security.  Personally, I wouldn't trust it.  When (not if) the power goes out, a plastic card will be useless.
      May 15, 2021 12:30 PM MDT

Precisely. So many people do all financial transactions that way. Reconcile bank statements on line...pay bills on line. Power goes out for weeks. Well would that be a possibility Shuhak? What do they do then? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      May 16, 2021 3:02 AM MDT

I opened my current checking account in 2012 and have never had checks printed for it.
      May 15, 2021 12:50 PM MDT