Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A HUGE UPSET or an unfortunate situation? An AMerican teenager beats world number 1 in a tennis match? No. So what happened?

A HUGE UPSET or an unfortunate situation? An AMerican teenager beats world number 1 in a tennis match? No. So what happened?

The world number one had a bandage around her thigh. She won the first set 6-4. She retired in the second set ahead 2-1.

So Coco Gauff, an American teenager, advances. I'm sure she'll take it but I'm surer that she would have much preferred playing the entire match and beating Ash Barty fair and square. Now THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HUGE UPSET!

It happens. That's how youngsters sometimes advance and try to make the most of it. But it's not anything any professional tennis player prays for or hopes for. I think Tennis Players and Golfers are probably the most honorable sportsfolks. I have no proof. It's just a gut feeling.

What about you? Would you like a WIN over a world number one any way you could get it including injury to that player?

Posted - May 16, 2021

Responses