Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » According to the 2021 World Happiness Report the citizens of Finland are the happiest people in the world for the 4th straight year! WHY?

According to the 2021 World Happiness Report the citizens of Finland are the happiest people in the world for the 4th straight year! WHY?

Based on their own perception of their lives they have fewer complaints/tribulations and more joy.

That's quite swell I think.

Posted - May 17, 2021

Responses

May 17, 2021 8:54 AM MDT

Wouldja ever leave your country to live elsewhere the rest of your life? I couldn't. As a first generatin AMERICAN even if I wanted to I'd feel I'd betrayed what my parents and grandparents went throught to get here. So for me no way. I make my own happiness anyway. Don't you make yours Walt? I choose to be happy and focus and those things. Anyone can do it. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      May 17, 2021 12:06 PM MDT

I might live elsewhere ... as long as I didn't have to learn a new language.

I couldn't live in Canada, just because there is too much French spoken.  And they're on the metric system.  
    Otherwise, I'd seriously consider moving there.

New Zealand and Australia are too hot, for me.

Great Britain would probably be my first choice, if I moved.  The climate is similar to here, and the language isn't too different.
      May 17, 2021 1:32 PM MDT

Well my favorite countries are Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom. Even so I will never leave my country of birth. Never. But I wouldn't have minded being a Canadian or an Aussie or a Brit at all. No disrespect to other countries but there is a style of person these countries represent in my experience which I am quite fond of so I'm pretty sure I'd have loved being born there. But to relocate and become an ex-pat? No. I can't. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      May 18, 2021 4:30 AM MDT