Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Has any human being actually SEEN GOD or JESUS? Any photos of them we can see? Why is GOD shown as an old WHITE man? JESUS too? Anyone?

Has any human being actually SEEN GOD or JESUS? Any photos of them we can see? Why is GOD shown as an old WHITE man? JESUS too? Anyone?

Posted - May 19, 2021

Responses

No one has seen the face of God.  Many people saw Jesus.  There are no photos of Jesus because photography hadn't been invented when He was here.

God is depicted as being old as the scriptures say He is from everlasting to everlasting.  As we humans get older, our hair usually becomes white (due to the loss of pigmentation in hair follicles).  Soif we have white hair when were 60 or so, and God has been around  forever, we think of Him as being old with white hair.  God and Jesus are depicted as being European white men in many paintings, because that's what the painters were.  And over the years, we've come to accept that.  Each person creates their own mental picture of God and Jesus based on what they know.  If I'm white, then it's more likely to me that God must be white too.  If I'm black, then it's more likely to me that God must be black too.  (or whatever).
      May 19, 2021 11:13 AM MDT

There were artists who could have drawn him Shuhak. Surely among all those who gathered to hear him speak were artists. That's what I don't understand.

Why do you assume that GOD ages? That because HE has been forever he ages just as do humans? That makes no sense to me. So I'm perplexed about it. Now I know that we "see" Jesus and GOD as we be. That makes good sense I guess. I mean don't all groups believe they are the very best and if there were a "better" they'd already be that? Ego pride whatever you call it. Ignorance of course is the why. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. I wonder though if when we die and go on to what awaits us if it is then we "see" GOD? The final reward or answer to the puzzle of life. The nice thing about imagining is that there are no rules to it. Do you imagine much? :)
      May 20, 2021 6:52 AM MDT

More than likely, had there been a drawing of Him, people would be tempted to worship it and not Him.  It would have become a "idol" and people would have fought over possessing it.  

God does not age (He says so Himself).  We humans see everything as being in a time scale (because we are).  To us, everything must have a beginning point and an ending point (we try to put a "date" on everything.)  As such, we have a hard time wrapping our minds around the concept of something that has no beginning and no end.  
      May 20, 2021 11:29 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Shuhak. It's an ongoing struggle to get a handle on it. Not there yet. :)
      May 20, 2021 11:31 AM MDT