Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you always read EVERY WORD of EVERY INSERT that is included in your bills? I haven't before but I will. Do you?

Do you always read EVERY WORD of EVERY INSERT that is included in your bills? I haven't before but I will. Do you?

Posted - May 28, 2021

Responses

No, but I do read the gas and electric bills to see trends of uses.
      May 28, 2021 1:31 PM MDT

Everything always keeps going up. The utilities are permanently seeking hikes in rate it seems. Now the price of gas fluctuates a lot. Why can't the utilities ever fluctuate? They only always go UP? Thank you for your reply E.
      May 29, 2021 2:11 AM MDT

Odd, but our rates have remained steady over the years. It's the surcharges that hike the prices up. In the Summer, I might get billed for $9.00 for natural gas (really), but the surcharges are $40. Same with electricity in the Winter.
      May 29, 2021 8:51 AM MDT

WHOA! WOW. The basis of the surcharge? You use less in the summer because you don't need to heat. So they are offsetting that loss by surcharging you? Same with electricity? In summer you use AC which drives the bill up. In winter you don't? So they surcharge you to offset your using less? That's quite a scam. Sheesh. Condolences. Thank you for your reply E. Sheesh.
      May 29, 2021 9:50 AM MDT

No.    I glance at a few, but most are just self-promoting - look how great we are.  Why we're so great we're going to jack up your rates just  so we can take our senior staff to Hawaii and celebrate!  The Comcast insets only say we're raising rates and taking away available channels, and if I want to see them again, I need to subscribe to one of their pricer packages).   Then there's those pesky "privacy statements" The font on those things seem to get smaller with each paragraph.  There's a limit to the size of font I can see ... even with a magnifying glass.  I rarely look at the DMV bill inserts (don't drink and buy a personalized plate).
      May 28, 2021 1:38 PM MDT

Well apparently I miss a lot of stuff I need to know by not reading. They're kinda sneaky and sneak in things. Like pols who do stuff late Friday night when no one is paying any attention. You can't trust any of them. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Electric company tells us they are asking for higher rates from the PUC. Same with the water provider and provider of gas. When do they ever REDUCE prices? Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 29, 2021 11:23 AM MDT
      May 29, 2021 2:09 AM MDT

In 2019, The CPUC ok'd a 100% rate increase for both our water and power companies.  The Power increase was to pay for the damage they caused by not doing their jobs for the past 50 years; the water is because they claim their annual $13+ billion surplus isn't enough.  Now they want the CPUC to let them jack rates up again!  Reduce prices???  But their infrastructure is falling apart and they need more money to fix it.  Meanwhile, their CEOs rake in $millions per year in salaries and bonuses. 

May 29, 2021 11:38 AM MDT

Well remember the terrible fires you had for so many weeks and all the damage it caused? AS IF YOU COULD FORGET THEM? Well we in the south had a lot of fires too which damaged their equipment. NOt nearly as bad as yours but bad enough. That's part of the why for the increases. So of course we the customers have the great honor of paying for THEIR screwups once again. It is an endless chain whose links keep growing more in number and stronger. We're at their mercy. Aren't we? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Fingers crossed this fire season won't be as bad as last year's.  Other than crapped up air here we haven't been threatened or suffered otherwise. But so many communities were. I hope this year is not a repeat and I know you do too. Your lungs can't take another year like last year! :(
      May 30, 2021 1:53 AM MDT