Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The population will EXPLODE! For year in China couples were allowed ONE CHILD. Any more and they'd get charged or punished. NOW?

The population will EXPLODE! For year in China couples were allowed ONE CHILD. Any more and they'd get charged or punished. NOW?

The Chinese government now says they can have THREE children. WhY?

The population is AGING.

Family planning by government permission.

Where else does that exist? Oh yes right. I know of a someplace else that butts its nose in family planning and legislates away autonomy sovereingty and individual CHOICE. Do you too?

Posted - June 1, 2021

Responses

China got rid of the one child policy years ago.

Abortion is NOT family planning. 

Birth control, abstinence and adoption is family planning. This post was edited by my2cents at June 1, 2021 5:59 AM MDT
      June 1, 2021 5:58 AM MDT

Rural areas of China have allowed multiple children for longer than the urban areas have.
    The reason is that those areas had a higher child mortality rate.
    As China industrializes, the standard of living goes up, and children are no longer used as a workforce - child mortality will go down, and families will choose to have fewer children.
    That has been the trend in every industrialized nation.

So while there may be a temporary population boom ... in the long run, China's population will decline.
    Most industrialized nations rely on immigration for population growth.

June 2, 2021 3:03 PM MDT

Your last line jumps out at me Walt. I had no idea about that. Certainly with trump immigration was looked upon as a very bad bad bad thing. But we are a nation of immigrants so those who are hi falutin' hoity toity are full of it. Knocking down themselves and their lineage by attacking that of others. Makes no sense but then very little does these days. Thank you for your informative and helpful reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 3, 2021 2:31 AM MDT
      June 3, 2021 2:30 AM MDT