Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Can you get there from here? Ever try?

Can you get there from here? Ever try?

Posted - June 2, 2021

Responses

It is 2,240 driving miles from Hemet to Toledo. I have driven that approximate distance before, but I no longer wish to do so again.
      June 2, 2021 11:05 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! OMG E that is just too awesome a reply! The "there" is my where? Geez that rocks my world. The fact that you "no longer wish to do so again" mileage wise is irrelevant. I didn't ever think anyone where take me LITERALLY with HERE being Hemet but I'm delighted you did! I like being taken offguard and laughing. I don't want to drive 500 miles to visit my sister or even 250 miles to visit my daughter-in-law. It's TOO HARD ON US. The last time we did it was when our son passed away and our daughter-in-law had a BEAUTIFUL memorial service in Arizona at her church. Jim sufered in the back seat and got cramps in his legs. Our other son Gary and his wife Rosa drove down from Fernley, Nevada to pick us up so we wouldn't to drive to Arizona. A kind and loving which we very much appreciated. But we sat in the back seat and it was really rough on Jim. I guess we COULD take a few days and drive incrementally each day. Say 100 miles. But at our ages that does not thrill. I expect we will be getting them visiting us. Also since we have no interference here at all we will NEVER go to LAX (100 miles away) to take a plane to go anywhere ever again. The last time was in 2010 and I still have nightmares about it. The kiosks that you have punch stuff in and the lines and getting to the right place where YOUR plane takes off? No thank you. Sorry for the rant. Don't really know where that came from. Sigh.
      June 2, 2021 11:16 AM MDT