Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » To blog or not to blog? Does it cost money to start up a blog? Do you charge subscribers who read the blog? Can a blogger become VERY RICH?

To blog or not to blog? Does it cost money to start up a blog? Do you charge subscribers who read the blog? Can a blogger become VERY RICH?

Do you or have you ever written a blog?

Do you or have you ever subscribed to a blog?

To read one do you have to "join"?

What's the point of a blog? To become popular? To prove you are popular? So people will pay attention to you?

Writing a letter to strangers? Is it satisfying?

Posted - June 3, 2021

Responses

Blogs are the modern version of editorials, or letter-to-the-editor.
    Some blogs charge, some don't.  It's up to the blogger.  Most start free, but if they are popular or famous they may charging.

I had a blog at one time, years ago.
    It was cathartic, being able to rant about any issue I wanted.
    I didn't really care if people read it or not.
    But it got to the point I felt like I had to write something at least every couple days, so it was more a chore and I dropped it.
      June 3, 2021 7:35 AM MDT

But then I blog here every day Walt. It's cathartic and I rant about any issue I want. While I do like folks I get along with to reply from time to time if something tickles their fancy I'm pretty certain I'd keep  doing it even if I never got another reply. But I never write anything I feel I had to write. I have enough chores to do in my real life. So am I blogging? Huh! Did you have a blog while on the mug or before that? Thank you for the info m'dear! :)
      June 3, 2021 9:12 AM MDT