Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What are the odds that ALTRUISM will replace racism fascism insurrectionism trumpism treason? That small eh? WHADDABOUT capitalism?

What are the odds that ALTRUISM will replace racism fascism insurrectionism trumpism treason? That small eh? WHADDABOUT capitalism?

Is it possible that ALTRUISM and CAPITALISM could form a bond moving forward and that all capitalist would also be altruists?

Impossible or possible?

Posted - June 4, 2021

Responses

One can think of government social programs as altruistic programs, which the majority of society agrees to put in place.
    Thus, altruism exists in most capitalist economies.
      June 4, 2021 2:16 PM MDT

Do you really believe the motive is ALTRUISTIC and not a politically motivated schtick? In my view there is no red alive who has an ounce of human decency or compassion within. Let me qualify that. A trump red. Anything tainted by trump is cold lifeless heartless and conniving. Anything done is done for the self and never for "the other".  Do I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT? No. How could I?. But it's my opinion. Thank you for your reply Walt! :) Of course now I am obliged to ask about it. This post was edited by RosieG at June 5, 2021 4:33 AM MDT
      June 5, 2021 4:26 AM MDT

I'm sure there are political motives.
    In politics, it's difficult to separate out whether they are motivated by politics or actual concerns.
    I mean, if someone only serves 1 term and is not tied to a political party - it would be simpler to know their motivations.
      June 7, 2021 8:26 AM MDT

I expect there is no way to know for sure what intention/motive is. It can appear to be something else entirely and who is to say what's true and what's faux? The folks who are known for giving much to charity may be doing it on the advice of a tax accountant. That kinda takes the wind out of the sails  a bit doesn't it? Thank you for your reply Walt! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 8, 2021 1:51 PM MDT
      June 8, 2021 1:50 PM MDT