Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why do I bother trying to understand what I can't grasp? Because I can't not. That's why. Are you in the same boat?

Why do I bother trying to understand what I can't grasp? Because I can't not. That's why. Are you in the same boat?

Quantum physics again.

According to Hartle-Hawking (James Hartle-Stephen Hawking) the universe has no origin as we would understand it. The universe was a singularity in both space time pre-BIG BANG.

Trying to grasp that this is what I read next!

"HOWEVER HAWKING DOES STATE THE UNIVERSE HAS NOT EXISTED FOREVER".

So what am I supposed to do with THAT?

Quantum equation predicts the universe has no beginning.

Push me-pull me PUSH TOY.

Going nowhere.

Is and IS NOT? Really? Isn't that loverly?

Posted - June 17, 2021

Responses

For all tense and purposes, our Universe didn't start until the Big Bang.  To argue what came before is pointless since there was nothing.  To find what came before, ask a Philosopher, not a Scientist.
      June 17, 2021 2:27 PM MDT

Do you mean "for all intents and purposes"? I don't understand "for all tense and purposes."  Also you are directing me to ask questions of philosophers not scientists? Are you serious or just trying to be whimsical and profound? JE PENSE DONC JE SUIS. COGITO ERGO SUM. You want I should look up Aristotle or Socrates and ignore  Albert Eintstein, Dr. Stephen Hawking, Kip Thorne, Michio Kaku, Rochard Feynman? Clearly we are not on the same wavelength. Thanks anyway but no thanks. You philophate. I shall continue to quantum physicist. This post was edited by RosieG at June 18, 2021 2:44 AM MDT
      June 18, 2021 2:43 AM MDT

Eye spill prefect, sea knot won ward spilled wrung.
      June 18, 2021 12:10 PM MDT