Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Pregnancy » Is it true that the more difficult the labour, the more intensely the mother loves her new-born child lifelong?

Is it true that the more difficult the labour, the more intensely the mother loves her new-born child lifelong?

Posted - October 27, 2016

Responses

No. Or at least not in my case.
      October 28, 2016 12:51 AM MDT

• I had read somewhere some years ago that the pain of labour is an important component of a mother's love for her child. I just wondered if there was a correlation between the intensity of the pain and the intensity of her love.
      October 28, 2016 1:22 AM MDT

Oh. Don't take me wrong here, all my labours brought me pain, no matter how high a pain level you have. Long or short time have each their sorts of pain included, as going over time with lots of days has it. Giving birth is stressful for body and mind. But so much worth it.

The love for them was there already before they left my body, but having them on my chest after is the most amazing moments of my life. A love has never felt more alive or bigger than the one I felt instantly having them there on my chest after giving birth. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 28, 2016 2:05 AM MDT
      October 28, 2016 2:02 AM MDT

• I can't really give you an "understanding" reply, because a woman who's been through it knows it.
      October 28, 2016 2:05 AM MDT

True. I feel sorry for the women who experience postpartum depressions. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 28, 2016 2:10 AM MDT
      October 28, 2016 2:06 AM MDT

• And even sorry for those who've never experienced motherhood, either by chance or by choice.
      October 28, 2016 2:10 AM MDT

If by choice it is not to be sorry about. If by chance is sadly, but life do have other beauties hidden for us. We have to focus on the possible and not the missed out things. Those will be some of the closest you get to around my believes. :-)
      October 28, 2016 2:14 AM MDT