Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Engineer found major structural damage to Florida Condo Tower nearly 3 years before collapse." Multiple lawsuits. Whom do they sue?

"Engineer found major structural damage to Florida Condo Tower nearly 3 years before collapse." Multiple lawsuits. Whom do they sue?

Posted - June 26, 2021

Responses

Nobody.
      June 26, 2021 2:52 PM MDT

Not even time to rescue the survivors and grieve for the dead, and out come the lawyers......
      June 26, 2021 5:05 PM MDT

But Durdle THREE YEARS! THREE YEARS and who did anything to forestall a disaster that need not have happened. That is to say CONDEMN THE BUILDING and have people MOVE OUT OF IT. I think it was simply callous indifference and that ought not be ignored or condoned or shrugged off. What recourse is there but TO SUE? What else can the loved ones do? Mourn quietly without protesting demanding insisting calling out? Now to be honest with you money isn't going to bring the dead back. I know that. But what would you do? Wait for some appropriate time to pass? Give "them" a pass? The people who lust after money have no morals. Guilt. Hit them where it will get their attention. It's bad enough when things come out of the blue at you about which you have no control. Here with this? Unless what has been reported is incorrect they had at least THREE YEARS warning but they also KNEW that the building was sinking from the 1990's! I guess we just view it from different perspectives. I wonder what happened to the 159 unaccounted for? Buried at the bottom and they just haven't gotten down far enough? Imagine the heartache and heartbreak of waiting. OK. I'm done m'dear. I know there is a lot more awful out there. I mean that thing uncovered in Canada with the indigenous children...finding unmarked graves? What's next? SIGH. Apologies for the rant. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      June 27, 2021 3:56 AM MDT