Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When females reach puberty in America they automatically will have IUD implants to prevent pregnancy. Such a deal. You like?

When females reach puberty in America they automatically will have IUD implants to prevent pregnancy. Such a deal. You like?

Posted - June 27, 2021

Responses

No. That would be a medical decision between Dr/parent/minor child. 
      June 27, 2021 8:54 AM MDT

No.  Aside from that being a personal choice, I don't like the idea of implanting foreign objects in the body to prevent pregnancy.
      June 27, 2021 10:31 AM MDT

Well old white men love to control women's bodies. Some of their women go along with it. The direction in which we are going....assuming Don Guantanamo regains presidenting...will be dire misery for women and people of color especially. There is no low too low for him to go. My sister had an IUD implanted years ago. It got infected and she ended up the hospital and almost died. So I'm not a fan of them. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Mondayb to thee and thine! :)
      June 28, 2021 3:47 AM MDT

I'm an old white man and I don't love to control women's bodies. I have a wife and a daughter and they control their on bobies outside of nature's direction. I don't have any women who "go along with anything" I direct. 
    Who forced your sister to have an IUD implanted years ago?
      June 28, 2021 4:27 AM MDT

Now you know why I'm not in favor of IUDs.  
      June 28, 2021 10:21 AM MDT

Yes sweetie I do. But I think some women can't tolerate birth control pills. Why that is I do not know. So I expect that's the only reason they'd opt for it but I don't know for sure. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 29, 2021 3:29 AM MDT

There are many women who shouldn't take birth control pills, but there are other ways to prevent pregnancies.  
      June 29, 2021 7:40 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply L! I took birth control pills so I never investigated other ways. :)
      June 29, 2021 7:44 AM MDT

Me, too, but at the point where I hit 35, information was coming out that they contributed to breast cancer and it was hard to find a gyn who would prescribe them for me, especially since at that time, I was a smoker.  
      June 29, 2021 7:46 AM MDT

I wasn't on them for decades. Turns out I have a tipped uterus so getting pregnant and giving birth was a kinda miracle. Some women get pregnant if you look at them sidewise. Some never can. Some, like me, have a high probability of not. It worked out for me. I don't have the temperament to have lots of kids. Or the patience. My kid turn out to be just the kind of child I would have designed. Intelligence kind independent thoughtful. Not needy clingy. Or whiny. I taught him to read at the age of 3 and we libraried and bookstores from then on. He got his library card at the age of 3 and we all know that if you develop a LOVE OF READNG in a child you will insure his/her success in school. Loving to learn at any age is a blessing. Just my opinion. For what it's worth! :) I was often told by friends I should have married a college professor. I did better than that. I gave birth to one! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 29, 2021 7:53 AM MDT
      June 29, 2021 7:50 AM MDT

That's the shame of it all - women who conceive at the drop at the mere suggestion and those who try in vain.  I would probably have had the patience for two children.  Ideally, a girl and a boy, but would have been happy with just healthy.  All the kids in our family are readers, so I have high hopes for all of them. :)
      June 29, 2021 7:55 AM MDT

That is the BEST THING a parent can do for his/her child. Instill the love of reading. All kids can learn. When they're young they're eager/anxious/open to it. But if their parents don't read or buy books or go to libraries they most likely won't. And they'll hate school and pass that along. Sad when it doesn't have to be that way. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 29, 2021 8:04 AM MDT

I suspect those parents didn't have parents that read to them. 
      June 29, 2021 8:10 AM MDT

I think so too. Pity the poor children for having such inadequate uncaring unevolved parents. Sigh. Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 1, 2021 4:42 AM MDT

I do pity them because they will most likely continue that behavior with their children because they don't know any other way.
      July 1, 2021 7:58 AM MDT

The legacy...the inheritance...the DNA...Inevitable inescapable and exceedling tragic for all.... mostly us. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 9, 2021 7:37 AM MDT

That would be hilarious, if it weren't serious.
    I mean, going from "old white men" not allowing women's birth control on government-paid insurance - to requiring it.

Of course, I know plenty of people who have a "religious conviction" against any form of birth control.
    They believe it limits God's ability to "bless" couples with children.
    I've debated it with them - and can't convince them that, surely an all-powerful being would not be blocked by a man-made device.  LOL

June 28, 2021 10:31 AM MDT

It is totally illogical. They are against aborting a fetus. There is a solution to that. Birth control. They are against the solution. So you tell me how logical they are when they badmouth the solution?

Why are so many bazillions of homo saps so dam* illogical Walt? A mental defect assuredly. You need not be a GENIUS to be LOGICAL. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 29, 2021 3:31 AM MDT

Most are not against birth control (maybe a few Catholics). 
    Not all or even most Pro-Life people are Catholic.  Not everyone fits into the nice little boxes Dems like to put people in and then tell them what they believe and how they should vote.
      June 29, 2021 5:41 AM MDT