Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "UH-OH" or "NO BIG DEAL"? US launches defensive airstrikes in Syria and Iraq. They are waiting for any reaction. War next?

"UH-OH" or "NO BIG DEAL"? US launches defensive airstrikes in Syria and Iraq. They are waiting for any reaction. War next?

Posted - June 28, 2021

Responses

AZ audit results Monday....bomb Syria Sunday.....distraction..
      June 28, 2021 8:43 AM MDT

I hadn't heard of Syria or Iraq attacking us, or our allies?
      June 28, 2021 9:47 AM MDT

I just heard it this morning on the news Walt. I guess we'll find out. Thank you for your reply m'dear dear. So how hot did it get up your way yesterday? Broke records right? Condolences! :)
      June 28, 2021 10:07 AM MDT

It was over 110 ... I stayed indoors as much as possible.
    Even 80 indoors seemed cool, when normally that would be too hot for me.  lol

They did close down McDonald's, BurgerKing, Wendys, and Dairy Queen.
    They said it was too hot in the kitchens, and they didn't want staff to suffer.
    I think DQ should have just told people they weren't cooking - so they could continue to sell ice cream / cold treats.
    Thankfully, the AM/PM MiniMart was still open for slushies.  lol
      June 28, 2021 10:24 AM MDT

It got up to 118 in some places. Ordinarily you don't have an enormous need for air conditioning do you Walt? We hunkered down too all day. Did a little bit of yard work as soon as it got light. It was fairly cool then...low 70's. Today it's just supposed to get up to 96. We have some errands to do so we will do them as early as possible. There is Wimbledon to watch for two weeks and Jim is taping it so we can spend time in the cool being "in England" virtually in the comfort of our home. Thank you for your reply m'dear. Guess what's at the top of our marketing list? ICE CREAM. It tastes so good with cantaloupe. Very refreshing. I expect lots of freezer treats are being sold everywhere! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 29, 2021 3:27 AM MDT
      June 29, 2021 3:26 AM MDT