Active Now

Just Asking
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly Conservatives are up in arms and singular about what Critical Race Theory means. The diff?

Allegedly Conservatives are up in arms and singular about what Critical Race Theory means. The diff?

The Conservatives allegedly believe  RACISM (CRT) is a PERSONAL thing.
Everyone else believes racism is SYSTEMIC.

Is that true? Is it really that simply?

No pattern of racism in any system for Conservatives. It does not exist except as far as it goes in each individual?  Really?

So all the lynchings were a personal individual decision?

So the KKK is not a group of racists that lynched blacks and burned crosses on their land? All of it always was only ever INDIVIDUAL?

Seriously?

Posted - July 1, 2021

Responses

Both are correct.

"Systemic", in the conservative viewpoint, means that the very system of government is racist.

To the other viewpoint, it means that there is an ongoing problem which needs to be addressed above the level of individuals.

For example, police brutality against minorities.
    To conservatives, since there is no policy requiring police to act this way - it is not a problem with the system.  It is an individual choice of the police officer.
    To others, because there is a pattern - the issue needs to be addressed on an organizational level, rather than each individual.

July 1, 2021 8:40 AM MDT

Both are correct? Equally? How can THAT be? Individual/collective. Not the same thing. Thank you for your reply Walt. I'm a fan of BLACK and WHITE. WRONG and RIGHT. LIE or TRUTH. This in the middle middlin'? not my cuppa tea. :(
      July 1, 2021 11:40 AM MDT

They are both right, because they are using different definitions of "systemic".
    And according to the definition each is using, they are each correct.
      July 1, 2021 12:02 PM MDT

Got it! I ASSUMED they were on the same page same line but if not then I see where the problem lies. So there will never ever be a coming together. If each is JUSTIFIED and they are odds what hope is there? Sigh. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      July 1, 2021 12:36 PM MDT