Active Now

Zack
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly 88 people were shot in Chicago over the 4th of July extended weekend. 74 injured...14 killed. A standard or a record?

Allegedly 88 people were shot in Chicago over the 4th of July extended weekend. 74 injured...14 killed. A standard or a record?

Isn't it Chicago where the St. Valentine's Day massacre occurred?

Posted - July 7, 2021

Responses

They keep breaking their record...sad. 

July 4th 2021 was another new record:

Perhaps if law abiding citizens had a way to defend themselves those numbers might decrease.
      July 7, 2021 5:26 AM MDT

Who are these crimes by?

Drug or other crime gangs fighting each other?

Armed robbers?

People perhaps fuelled by drink, letting personal arguments spill over into violence backed by casually accepting shooting as a convenient form of arbitration?

Ones with real or imagined grievances they cannot control, so shooting anyone randomly out of pure anger?

Or whom?
      July 7, 2021 6:51 AM MDT

All if the above I expect m'dear. Sadly. All of the above. It's been that way for Chicago for a very long time. I cannot imagine families raising children there though of course some areas are probably safer than others. I think that's true of many big cities. New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Detroit. I don't know if gun laws are stricter in some places and I don't know if that has anything to do with anything. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      July 7, 2021 6:59 AM MDT

Gangs generally. Chicago has nearly 60 different gangs.  They have a gang problem not a gun problem.
      July 7, 2021 7:07 AM MDT