Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Saudi Arabia is the country that relies most on desalination. Next? The USA with 1400 desalination plants. What do we do with it?

Saudi Arabia is the country that relies most on desalination. Next? The USA with 1400 desalination plants. What do we do with it?

Allegedly 2/3 of the desalinated water in the USA feeds municipal water systems while heavy industry consumes only 18%.

It is used by the Oil and Gas industries.

DIDJA KNOW?

How many desalination plants are there in YOUR country?

Posted - July 9, 2021

Responses

That leaves 16%. Where does that water go?

As far as I know Britain has no desalination plants, certainly not on any large scale; but one thing I believe we do have is an extensive national pipeline grid that helps distribute water around the country.

Something else we have are pumping-stations that transfer water from one river to another when necessary, to keep both waterways at reasonably healthy levels even when water is being drawn from them for the public supplies. 
      July 11, 2021 3:35 PM MDT

Right now in our Pacific northwest we've been suffering through an incredibly deadly extensive heat wave. Millions or billions of marine life are dying. It affects Canada too. It got up to 130 in Death Valley...usually the hottest place in the world. The deaths are due to the oceans warming but it doesn't stop. The inland rivers are heating up too and now we hear that salmon could die off because of the hot water...it's lethal to them. How do stop it Durdle? Is it always past the point of no return? Is Europe suffering through extremes of heat? Is the entire globe heating up to a point that it becomes unlivable? Thank you for your informative reply. I wonder what part of the world will be last to die...shrivel up...stop breathing? I shall ask. :)
      July 12, 2021 2:18 AM MDT