Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you a fan of GOOGLE? How often do you use it to find answers to your questions?

Are you a fan of GOOGLE? How often do you use it to find answers to your questions?

Posted - July 9, 2021

Responses

I try not to ask questions I don't always have the answer to. I let others do the googling. I do use it often though?
      July 9, 2021 11:37 AM MDT

Different strokes. Thank you for your reply E. Goodness most of the questions I ask I don't have answers for. That's the point of asking. Otherwise you are just testing to see if people know what you know? For me that is not a worthwhile use of my time. i had a "friend" once upon a time who kept setting me up to see if I knew the answers to things. The coup de grace came when she wanted to know if I knew what CLOISSENE was. I'd had it by then. I informed her of what it is and then I just dumped her. Enough is enough. Sometimes it's way too much. I don't appreciate being set up and I never trust those who do it. Ever. Just not my cuppa tea. Supercilious SOB's and I do not get along. This post was edited by RosieG at July 9, 2021 11:42 AM MDT
      July 9, 2021 11:40 AM MDT

Many of my questions are for general knowledge, like "Have you ever seen...?", "Do you know how to....?", "Have you ever been to....?" etc, and therefore don't require google. Last week, I asked the question "Without looking it up, do you know what a hemi engine is?" Few know what it is, but it is used in truck ads.
      July 9, 2021 11:47 AM MDT