Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You read about/learn about what interests you and you don't what doesn't. How or wny should it be otherwise?

You read about/learn about what interests you and you don't what doesn't. How or wny should it be otherwise?

Posted - July 10, 2021

Responses

For me, this is true, but I also try to keep up with things in which I don't have a lot of interest because it's good to ne aware of what's going on in the world around you.  When something new enters your orbit, you may find out that it's something in which you D\do have an interest and will explore it further.  
      July 10, 2021 7:38 AM MDT

Oh sure. Every day something enters my world I did not seek because I didn't know about it. Much of it I will pursue by GOOGLING it. But if it has to do with makeup or clothes or jewelry or electronic gismo gadgets or cell phones I have ZERO interest in any of it. I JUST DON'T CARE. Or new computer games? Nope. But if it has to do with the cosmos...quantum physics...ancient times...spooky scary unknowns? I'm right there. I LOVE to WHAT IF and sometimes that comes into my world. Usually wherever the huge crowd goes because whatever they are going to see or buy or hear or know about is hot hot hot hot I go in the opposite direction. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 10, 2021 8:55 AM MDT

I'm not interested in computer games either, but it's nice to know they exist so if someone is talking about them, you know what they're talking about.  
      July 10, 2021 9:07 AM MDT

I play one game..BESPELLED. It's like SCRABBLE. It's part of my daily computer routine. FIRST get the weather for the next 8 days for Jim. THEN play bespelled for awhile. Then check email. Last check out the Mug! Do you have a daily routine too L? Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 13, 2021 7:47 AM MDT

Weekdays, I check my email first, then log into work.  If I'm not busy, I check Facebook the the Mug and then Yahoo news.  When I'm done with that, if I don't have any errands, I read the newspaper, do two crossword puzzles and the Word Jumble and I'm pretty much done.  I find it easier to do crosswords on paper than on line.  Not sure why.
      July 13, 2021 10:15 AM MDT

Bespelled can be played online but I don't do that. It's just something I developed a huge fondness for and it's part of my daily routine. Of course when you're "at work" you have obligations and can't just do what you want when you want. I think having such a wondrous variety of things to plug into is what keeps people sharp and content. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 15, 2021 1:50 PM MDT

I try my hand at the Sunday New York Times crossword which is really difficult.  Some weeks, all I can get are 10-15% of the words.  Other times, I have been able to get 50-85% done and twice, I've actually completed it, but that's hardly the norm.
      July 15, 2021 2:51 PM MDT

I think that is impressively amazing L. You are inside looking out so you can't possibly see what I see. I've been inside. Actually tried my hand at the most difficult crossword puzzle ever invented. It did not go well. I don't like feeling stupid so I try to avoid situations that do cause that. Know what I mean? Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 16, 2021 11:39 AM MDT
      July 16, 2021 11:06 AM MDT

The Sunday Times puzzle, as do most of their crosswords, has a theme.  If you are not enlightened about that particular subject, the likelihood is that you won't be able to finish it or do well at it.  I try to save the ones I can't complete and look at the following week's answers to see where I failed.  There's a difference between being stupid and being ignorant.  I prefer to see my inability to complete the hard puzzles as ignorance. :)
      July 16, 2021 11:42 AM MDT