Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » CRIPTOCURRENCY/BITCOIN. Will paper money and "coins" become extinct? If so any idea WHEN?

CRIPTOCURRENCY/BITCOIN. Will paper money and "coins" become extinct? If so any idea WHEN?

Posted - July 16, 2021

Responses

Yes. They want us to move to plastic or chip.  

July 16, 2021 6:51 AM MDT

Wanna know how old-fashioned I am m2c? I WRITE CHECKS. You should see the eye rolls I get at the grocery store. Everyone or most of them use debit or credit cards. I have them and use them hardly ever  VERY sparingly. I may be the last person on earth to keep doing it but I will keep writing checks until I die. I don't pay attention to the eye rolls and "humphing". Do you write checks or have you moved on too? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine m'dear! :)
      July 17, 2021 2:32 AM MDT

If they do I only hope they are not replaced by "crypto"-currency.

I don't how people would manage in societies that are very rich in all sorts of events and activities that depend on large numbers of small-value transactions not feasible or desireable to be electronic.
      July 16, 2021 5:21 PM MDT

I don't have a clue what that kind of "money" is Durdle. Can you touch it or does it just exist as words? Nothing you can put your hands on so it's rather like a line of credit? I wonder why our monetary system couldn't work?. We have different types of currency in countries of course but don't they all work the same? Are all countries switching to this for the high rollers? It seems like holograms not three-dimensional touchable. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine. I'm probably one among fewer and fewer who write checks. AT the market people pay with cards...debit or credit. I don't. So people are humphing having to wait for me to write my check. I have debit and credit cards but I don't use them very often. Do you write checks still? I get a lot of eye rolls. :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 17, 2021 2:29 AM MDT
      July 17, 2021 2:27 AM MDT