Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Honest/dishonest. Thoughtful/thoughtless. Caring/un. Which "type" of homo sap leads the more contentful life? Which road is less bumpy?

Honest/dishonest. Thoughtful/thoughtless. Caring/un. Which "type" of homo sap leads the more contentful life? Which road is less bumpy?

Posted - July 20, 2021

Responses

Less bumpy road - dishonesty/uncaring
    More content life - honesty/caring

That's because....

The world encourages dishonesty/uncaring - "Finders keepers", "do it to them before they can do it to you".  So naturally following that isn't as bumpy as going against it.  Since people usually take the course of least resistance, that's the road they take.  Look around.  There are more uncaring/dishonest people than not.  It's getting so bad that when someone DOES exhibit these qualities, they stand out like a sore thumb.  However, we were designed to be honest and caring (made in the image of God).  So when we do these kind of things, it gives a sense of "inner peace".  Sadly, many have "overridden" their design that they they no longer know what a true "content"life" actually is.  So They stumble along the bumpy road assuming it's "normal".

This post was edited by Shuhak at July 21, 2021 2:50 AM MDT
      July 20, 2021 3:48 PM MDT

Nicely stated m'dear. What did they do with "conscience"? Had they none to begin with or do they just ignore it until it dies of neglect? That's what I can't figure out. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      July 21, 2021 2:51 AM MDT

You answered your own question - "they just ignore it until it dies of neglect".  A conscience is only good if heeded.   I'm sure you've heard the saying, "use it or lose it".  Just like a unused or neglected muscle, an unheeded conscience will also atrophy.
      July 21, 2021 10:58 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)

Separate subject. FIRES. I just checked and are you surrounded by fires currently? Near them? I just looked on our huge US wall map and did you know that GRASS VALLEY California and CARSON CITY, NEVADA (where my sister and brother-in-law live) are almost on the same horizontal line separated by hundreds of miles and they are having problems with fires too? OMG Shuhak. How bad is it? I'm going to email my sis. She alluded to it but maybe it's gotten worse.

Fingers crossed. STAY SAFE. This post was edited by RosieG at July 26, 2021 5:50 AM MDT
      July 21, 2021 11:00 AM MDT