Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are the LOUD AND PROUD the strong? Are the meekest the weakest? Or are the THINKERS among us the quiet ones?

Are the LOUD AND PROUD the strong? Are the meekest the weakest? Or are the THINKERS among us the quiet ones?

The worthy ones?. The kindest ones? The best of the breed?

BRAGGARTS abound. ARe they sound or hollow like a drum that when beaten by others ROARS? On their own all alone they are silent useless? Many homo saps are like that. When they are "beaten" by others they sound off. Insurrectionists hate groups. LOUD AND PROUD AND WEAK and empty.   AND DEADLY.

Posted - July 20, 2021

Responses

Proud people tend to act brazenly, as they're usually more concerned with how they appear "now", than what the result of their actions/words may be.  

Thinkers tend to be quiet, as they're usually more focused on outcomes.  They're what one might call an "if/then" person. 

Thinkers as quiet as they take time to articulate.  The proud just blurt it out - "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog"  vs  "A fox jumped over a dog." 

July 20, 2021 3:13 PM MDT

Therein lies the problem. Of what use to anyone is either one? How does it add to knowledge or help others? A few words when used together are simply inane blather with no meaning. All good men come to the aid of the party. How now brown cow. Why does the chicken cross the road? That's the extent of the intelligence of that ilk. That don't differentiate between intelligence and nonsense. In fact intelligence puts them off their feed. it's the nonsense that keeps them going. I think. I don't KNOW. All I know is that they make no sense to me at all. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Make America Great Again! Bullsh** crap right? Yet how many people actually are wearing the bullsh** crap loud and proud? See the problem? :( This post was edited by RosieG at July 21, 2021 11:00 AM MDT
      July 21, 2021 3:03 AM MDT

The proud never obtain wisdom.  They wallow in foolishness throughout their lives.  Their own pride blinds them to their actions.  They think they are wise when in reality they are but fools.

Thinkers seek answers and thereby obtain wisdom.  Of course, a thinker can become proud (and "blind") by resting on their "thinking" (a know-it-all).  Thinkers are able to get things done as they are looking outward (the proud look only to themselves).

I'm a thinker and I believe you're one too.  As such we can see through the foolishness of the proud.  We can see the stupidity of their words and actions, while they can't.  Their pride blinds them to it.
      July 21, 2021 11:21 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak. Can you "turn off" your mind? I can't seem to and so I have to just let it run its course. Last light it stayed on for a few hours so I'm a little punchy today but we aren't going anywhere so it's okay. Some nights I muse a bit and then go right to sleep. I have no control over my brain. It pays no attention to my wishes at all. I'm going to ask. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 28, 2021 3:02 AM MDT
      July 26, 2021 4:51 AM MDT

No, I can't turn off my mind.  Oh that I could... even just briefly.  It's always pondering something or making up new stories - even when I wake up at night.
      July 26, 2021 11:07 AM MDT

Another thing we share. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Did you happen to watch the testimony yesterday of the 4 cops vis a vis January 6? It was heartbreaking. :(
      July 28, 2021 3:00 AM MDT

No, I didn't.
      July 28, 2021 11:03 AM MDT

Just  as well. It wouldn't have been uplifting. Thank you for your reply. It would have taken you way down to a place I've never been before so I doubt you have. Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 28, 2021 11:19 AM MDT