Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "I wish we would have gotten vaccinated." Says a woman whose husband died a COVID DEATH. Whose fault was that?

"I wish we would have gotten vaccinated." Says a woman whose husband died a COVID DEATH. Whose fault was that?

Cases are surging. DEATHS are surging. It's phony to give condolences to those who brought it on themselves. Isn't it? Seriously. Save your sorrows and use them elsewhere. Enough bad is going on to use them up on worthwhile things.

Posted - July 23, 2021

Responses

Deaths are not surging.  US deaths are down 8% over the last week. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

I cannot imagine not giving someone sympathy for the loss of a loved one because I disagreed with them on an how they handled a health issue.  

Imagine telling someone they do not get sympathy for their loss because the person refused to take kemo or refused to get a surgery?   I cannot even think that way.   That woman lost her husband. And she has my deepest sympathies.
      July 23, 2021 6:32 AM MDT

Deaths among the unvaccinated rising:
    - - - - Start of extract: - - - -

July 16, 2021

"[...] deaths from the virus have risen steadily in recent days, reversing a months-long downward trend that began in mid-January. [...] 

"Unvaccinated Americans account for virtually all recent COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths," said Jeff Zients, the White House COVID-19 response coordinator. "Each COVID-19 death is tragic, and those happening now are even more tragic because they are preventable."

More than 99% of recent deaths were among the unvaccinated, infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci said earlier this month on NBC's Meet the Press, while Walensky noted on Friday that unvaccinated people accounted for over 97% of hospitalizations.

About 56% of the U.S. population has received at least one dose of the vaccine, but in many counties — especially in rural America — that number is under 20% despite the widespread availability of the vaccine.

Extract source:
    https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/1017002907/u-s-covid-deaths-are-rising-again-experts-call-it-a-pandemic-of-the-unvaccinated

- - - - End of extract - - - -

This post was edited by Robert at July 23, 2021 11:02 AM MDT
      July 23, 2021 11:01 AM MDT