Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some ALWAYS NEVER read anything that contradicts their religion/politics. What are they so afraid of learning?

Some ALWAYS NEVER read anything that contradicts their religion/politics. What are they so afraid of learning?

Posted - July 23, 2021

Responses

Having their preconceptions questioned, and worse still, finding they might be wrong.
      July 24, 2021 4:47 PM MDT

Don't you think that is very peculiar Durdle? Most people want to know what's true and what's not. I suppose there are some who believe the earth is flat not round and that the earth is the center of the universe and that you can fall off the edge if you're not careful. But isn't learning what's real and true the most important thing you can do with your life? If you don't then whatever else you do has little value. Or so  it seems to me. I know a lot of truths are unpleasant but still they need to be known. Did you read that in Texas the governor is planning to legislate NOT TEACHING about certain things in the schools? So the children will grow up ignorant. I don't get it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 25, 2021 2:30 AM MDT
      July 25, 2021 2:29 AM MDT