Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » OMG! Some Olympic athletes showed up to the games not having been vaccinated? Now some are out.They have the disease! STUPID?

OMG! Some Olympic athletes showed up to the games not having been vaccinated? Now some are out.They have the disease! STUPID?

Posted - July 23, 2021

Responses

I though the event was is being held with thorough precautions so I wonder how they managed to evade being verified.
      July 24, 2021 4:43 PM MDT

I have no idea. But also there are what is called "breakthroughs". Those who have been fully vaccinated getting the Delta variant. Not a lot by any means but enough to notice. Now if that happens it will be fairly mild. Probably no hospitalization needed and no deaths from it because the original vaccinations will be able to mitigate the effect. So that may be what is happening. Of course there are huge surges/spikes in the states which WE KNEW was going to happen. The unvaxed are bullheaded and some who are now dying from the Delta variant who were not vaxed say they regret it. Too late. What did they think would happen? I think they don't think. They don't have the capacity to think. They don't decide with brains. They "decide" emotionally. And you see the result. But the games continue on. I wonder when all of "this" will be over or at least in control? Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 25, 2021 2:47 AM MDT