Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What isn't? TRUTH JUSTICE GOOD lives in the eye as well. Where else could it dwell?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What isn't? TRUTH JUSTICE GOOD lives in the eye as well. Where else could it dwell?

Posted - July 23, 2021

Responses

Except ... "justice" and "good" are artificial concepts imposed by society.
    So you could say those are in the eye of the beholder.

Example:
    Under sharia law, it is justice to cut off the hand of a thief.
    Under most forms of secular law - that would be torture, rather than justice.

For an example closer to home ... is the death penalty justice, or revenge?
    We can't even agree upon that, as a society.
      July 23, 2021 11:07 AM MDT

When you have a person who molests abuses rapes tortures murders a Child what do you think should become of him/her/them? Why should we extend mercy to the merciless? Why not cut off the hand of a thief? Bet you think I'm joking. I'm not joking Walt. Doing wrong should be punished. The punishment should fit the crime. What punishment would you mete out to the person I described? Death is too good for such a one but why should we provide room and board and medical care for life to such  a person? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      July 24, 2021 3:24 AM MDT

I think the British and Russians had a good idea.
    Penal Colonies.  Gulags.  Whatever you call them - remove the criminal element from society.
    Of course, I don't believe the children of such people should be punished ... so the "colonies" should be singe-gender, to prevent children.
      July 26, 2021 6:55 AM MDT

That is a rather well thought-out plan m'dear. All of yours are. I would support that in a heartbeat. Also have no "amenities" there. Just basic survival. Nothing else. Why not run it up the flagpole and see who besides I/me salutes? Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Monday to thee and thine. How are you doing weatherwise and firewise and otherwise? :)
      July 26, 2021 6:59 AM MDT

We've had another week of warmer-than-average weather, but nothing above mid-90s thankfully.
    If this becomes common for the summer, I'll have to seriously consider moving farther north to stay in a cool climate.
      July 26, 2021 10:24 AM MDT

Somewhere in Canada a few weeks ago I think it registered 121! I guess the NOrth Pole or the South Pole would be safe until they all melt and heat up? Oh. I just thought of question. If the ocxeans heat up we could all take sauna baths. Ever had one? I haven't but I'm willing to check it out. I mean I'm SCORPIO a water sign and I love the ocean! Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      July 29, 2021 5:04 AM MDT