Active Now

my2cents
WelbyQuentin
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Ignorance is understandable. You can't know everything about everything. But a prez wannabe should WANT to learn? Right ?

Ignorance is understandable. You can't know everything about everything. But a prez wannabe should WANT to learn? Right ?

Doofus Donny believes he knows everything about everything and therefore is perfectly equipped AS-IS to be prez. Where is his desire to learn about things he does not know?

Posted - October 29, 2016

Responses

The problem with thinking you're the brightest bulb in the room is you may not hear the better ideas from others  which could lead to serious consequences. On the other hand if someone asks what's in it for me it could also be consequential.
      October 29, 2016 1:36 PM MDT

Apologies Tom. I understand the first part of your reply and totally agree with thee. I'm not sure I get your point in the second part. Could you restate it for me please? Do you mean learning new things is conditional with some people...based on what the potential learner can get from it? It seems obvious to me.  The person will become informed. What is a better "get" than that? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      October 30, 2016 3:22 AM MDT

It's meant that if a leader makes a decision based on what they may gain for themselves ( greed) is also a problem. 
      October 30, 2016 9:47 AM MDT

• Arrogance is worst in the person who believes that they have nothing to learn, including those who dismiss the value of education.
    Outwardly, I may choose to be polite about it, but on the inside I have no tolerance for this attitude.
      October 29, 2016 1:42 PM MDT

You are always  polite hartfire. I think arrogant ignorance is a very unfortunate combination. Many Pols suffer from it but they are not the only ones.  I think Trump has taken it to a new level! Not a good thing. Thank  you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      October 30, 2016 3:23 AM MDT

• I think it would be rather fun to see hartfire not be polite.  :)  Or maybe that's just me....
      October 30, 2016 4:29 AM MDT

• You might have had fun watching me yesterday. I came around a blind corner below the speed limit. Shortly ahead, a giant truck had stopped. Three cars had tried to overtake it on double yellow lines and were now trying to back up behind the leviathan. I had to slam on my brakes and swing into reverse to avoid an accident. Fear cramped my gut and shot through my blood. A nanosecond later, my bomb went off. I parked and marched to the site manager to give him a piece of my mind about the man with the warning sign not standing where everyone could see him. The boss man accepted my complaint like a patient bureaucrat dealing with a mad old bitch in a hot sweat. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 30, 2016 6:33 AM MDT
      October 30, 2016 6:27 AM MDT

• Sounds like fun.  :)  I often wish to be (figuratively of course - if it was literally I'd end up wafer thin and stuck to a rolled up newspaper) a fly on the wall.  Unknowns make me fidget. 
      October 30, 2016 9:35 AM MDT