Active Now

RebeccaSJ
Spunky
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do any of your treasures end up in boxes or closets or on shelves bcause you've run out of room to display them? Do you rotate them?

Do any of your treasures end up in boxes or closets or on shelves bcause you've run out of room to display them? Do you rotate them?

Posted - July 25, 2021

Responses

I don't like displaying things (probably because if something isn't "perfect" it drives me nuts!).  Instead, I keep my "treasures" in a 10'x20' shed... all in plastic totes (cardboard boxes can draw damp and mold or be eaten by mice), neatly stacked up and labeled.
    Glass and I don't have a good history (we keep "breaking up").  Just seeing glass figurines, knick-knacks and such makes me very uncomfortable (I just KNOW I'll break them if I even but look at them).
      July 25, 2021 4:50 PM MDT

My sister is an artist in multiple mediums. Her latest venture for the last year is pottery. I have oil paintings of unicorns she did for me. A unicorn hooked rug. Two smaller hooked rugs. Many needlepoint "pictures". Things she just painted...a YODA is among my favorites. Our living room looks like an art gallery. My mom was artistic too. Me? Well in the kitchen maybe sometimes. Elsewise I just appreciate a lot. Nothing of hers is hidden away. I mean she created them in love and I display them with much love. Jim says we need to rent a bigger house! I'm surely not complaining. Every one should have that problem!  Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Makes me wonder though if "treasures" are more based on gender? Maybe females do it a lot more than males. I wonder if being sentimental plays a part? I'll ask! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 28, 2021 2:48 AM MDT
      July 26, 2021 2:23 AM MDT