Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Can a perp be convicted of crimes WHILE IN PRISON FOR LYING UNDER OATH? Or will the perp be temporartily released for that?

Can a perp be convicted of crimes WHILE IN PRISON FOR LYING UNDER OATH? Or will the perp be temporartily released for that?

Posted - July 31, 2021

Responses

Would the accused be "released" for the trial, or brought under guard from prison to Court and back again?
      August 3, 2021 4:06 PM MDT

That's what I'm wondering about Durdle. As you know some folks have allegedly been involved in more than one crime and I just wonder what takes precedence? Who gets in the first licks? I wonder if the worst crimes take precedence or is it the timing that controls it? The crimes committed first are dealt with first? And then we have Federal folks looking into the corruption and also State folks because allegedly these "perps" broke laws at both levels. It must be complicated to figure that out. I'm thinking we will find out soon. I hope so. Thank you for your response. It this were a mystery novel I'd be tempted to read the end to see what happens! :)
      August 4, 2021 3:22 AM MDT

I don't how the order of cases is decided but things like collecting evidence and preparing the case must affect it. 
      August 4, 2021 3:56 PM MDT