Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Pals. Buddies. Companions. Like-minded. Can they always be "AT ODDS" and maintain good feelings toward one another? HOW?

Pals. Buddies. Companions. Like-minded. Can they always be "AT ODDS" and maintain good feelings toward one another? HOW?

Posted - July 31, 2021

Responses

Always?  No.   People hate being told they're wrong - especially when they aren't.  Of course, no two people will ever agree with each other 100% of the time.  That's because each person has their own unique mind, and therefore their own opinion.  To always be at odds probably indicates that one (or both) parties have a closed mind.  Maintaining good feelings with a closed minded person is nearly impossible as feelings of anger will always arise (stubborn old goat!).
      July 31, 2021 3:06 PM MDT

That's been my experience too Shuhak. Always agreeing 100% of the time would be boring. Like talking to yourself. But always disagreeing? What's the point of such a relationship? I think it's nifty to be on the same page MOST OF THE TIME because it minimizes frustration aggravation annoyance and disgust!. Also when you establish a trusting relationship of any kind that's the time when you will be open to learning something and getting a different slant on things and possibly changing your mind. Always agreeing or always arguing. What's to be learned from that? I avoid being annoyred aggravated and ticked off by avoiding "the usual suspects". So far so good. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      August 1, 2021 2:11 AM MDT