Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What would have to happen to change you from the honorable kind caring person you are to a selfish lying cruel heartess SOB? Lotsa money?

What would have to happen to change you from the honorable kind caring person you are to a selfish lying cruel heartess SOB? Lotsa money?

Posted - July 31, 2021

Responses

• I have a feeling that if someone is changed by lotsa money .. they were probably that way all along.  Having a lot of money or not enough can bring out the worst in someone.
      July 31, 2021 8:18 AM MDT

I agree with you B. Not surprisingly. I think the underneath beneath is always there waiting to be unleashed. For many it's no different than the packaging. No circumstances can change sharing to selfish or good to evil as far as I can imagine. BUT they can and do bring out what was always there lying dormant. We've lived it with the racists. I never knew there were so many and it saddens me to discover there are. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      July 31, 2021 8:24 AM MDT

I don't think lots of money would change me from who and what I am.  Those things are molded from birth and if you are a genuinely good, honest, caring and generous person, you will likely always be that way irrespective of your financial worth.  That's the trouble with far too many people - they believe their worth is measured in dollars.  Would I like to be uber wealthy - sure, but not to lord it over anyone; to be able to do good things for others with it.
      July 31, 2021 9:09 AM MDT