Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Here's an idea to ponder. We need to have a system of RETROACTIVE JUSTICE. Here's a reason why. REASONABLE?

Here's an idea to ponder. We need to have a system of RETROACTIVE JUSTICE. Here's a reason why. REASONABLE?

Our Canadian friend shared a sad story. He knows a lady felled by polio whose father REFUSED to allow her to get a vaccine. What does he deserve? What has he earned? What should be done with the likes of such a parent?

Posted - August 1, 2021

Responses

i wonder if such a parent can be charged under whatever laws may exist against wilful negelect, cruelty, etc.

I wonder too what that father now thinks of his actions. We don't know from your post why he refused, but was he in thrall to some callous cult or or "church" that puts its own dogma before human life?
      August 3, 2021 3:48 PM MDT

Since it came to me third hand I don't know any details with regard to ir Durdle. But children are in the care of their parents whose job it is to guide them protect them love them. I don't understand parents whose children are obese from eating junk food. I don't understand parents who would deny their children medical care. At one point there were Christian Science folks (I don't know if they still exist) who denied their children all medical care saying if the child died it was "THE WILL OF GOD". I'm not joking. So what child has a chance with parents like that? And our laws apparently stretch to fit any religious belief. I shall ask. Thank you for your reply m'dear. Here goes! :)
      August 4, 2021 4:05 AM MDT