Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Have you ever been told to do less than your best because you were making others feel inferior and "less than"?

Have you ever been told to do less than your best because you were making others feel inferior and "less than"?

If not what would you do if that circumstance arose? Comply or tell them to put it where the sun don't shine and quit?

MY GAWD! :(

Posted - August 2, 2021

Responses

It has not happened to me, but it did to a friend. He was warned to knock it off or else. He told them to bugger off. Later they sent two goons, who tried to attack him. My friend is a big guy, with a black belt in karate. He beat the crap out of them and told them to send the boss next time.
      August 2, 2021 11:36 AM MDT

Good for your friend...bad for the stupid dumbs who did the warning. Standards too high? Eliminate them. Others do better work faster than you? Eliminate them. Piece of cake. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      August 3, 2021 5:17 AM MDT

• When I was working part time as an Admin ... I used to fill in for the full time Department Manager's Admin.  I only worked 4 hours a day and was able to do all her work in that time.  Mostly joking, he told me he was going to have to tell her that she's probably wasting time during the day .. so I should slow down so I don't make her look bad.  

I just kept doing what I was doing and he did razz her about it.  She wasn't thrilled, but also liked coming back to finished work. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 3, 2021 4:34 AM MDT
      August 2, 2021 12:51 PM MDT

Wow. "Do less than your best so you don't show other people up!" Isn't that absurd? Did you burst out laughing? Now maybe that's all she was capable of doing B. Maybe her thinking skills were VERY SLOW and so it took her a lot longer to do the work. I'm serious here. Some folks take forever to assess and decide. Me? I snap judge and snap decide most all the time. Of course that means I can make more errors that way. I get impatient with slow thinkers but really I shouldn't because that's just how they are wired. Now if the slow thinker slow finisher is paid the same amount of money as the person who gets more done? Well that's not fair. But you can't slow down if you think fast and I'm pretty sure you can't speed up if you think slow. I'm going to ask! Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 3, 2021 8:08 AM MDT
      August 3, 2021 4:38 AM MDT