Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever have a Lemonade Stand as a kid?

Ever have a Lemonade Stand as a kid?

I did. It was in front of our house and it lasted a few hours of one day during a summer. My mom made it and I sold it! Do kids do things like that still?

Posted - August 2, 2021

Responses

• We did that a few times.  
    One thing we did that no one else did was to have a flip flop washing stand.  The kids in our neighborhood used to wear those rubber flip flops all the time and they were filthy.  We set up a stand to wash them!
    Sounds GROSS now .. but we made lots of $$ and the parents were actually happy!  
    I'm not sure that kids do anything like that today.  They're mostly inside playing on their iPads.  Plus, parents are more skiddish about their kids dealing with strangers today than ours were. 
    We used our imaginations more back in the day ... we had to since that's all we had to work with.  That was a good thing IMO.
      August 2, 2021 5:04 AM MDT

WHAT A GREAT IDEA! A FLIP FLOP washing stand! BRILLIANT methinks and easy to do and you get immediate results from dirty to clean! About the danger of kids being out and about these days isn't that sad? I mean as a kid we neighborhood pals played outside until dark then we'd be called in to supper. No one worried about anything in those days. Parents and kids didn't see one other for hours and no one needed to worry. Today oh my gosh it's entirely different. Kids today will never know what it used to be like to be a kid. Sad that. Thank you for your reply B!
      August 2, 2021 5:50 AM MDT

• We were so lucky to be able to grow up in safer times.  We would be outside all day too.  Our local Fire Dept. used to blow the "6 o'clock" whistle during the week so kids would go home for supper!  In the summer, we would play outside until the street lights came on.  Happy Days!!  :)
      August 2, 2021 5:54 AM MDT