Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you long for being where you aren't because many good memories are there? Or are you entirely totally completely happy where you are now?

Do you long for being where you aren't because many good memories are there? Or are you entirely totally completely happy where you are now?

Posted - August 7, 2021

Responses

I think about the good times from years past, but the places I have been have changed so much over the decades, I don't wish to visit them.
      August 7, 2021 7:34 AM MDT

Meaning "You can't go home again" with which I agree from personal experience. Here's an example. My then-husband and I moved to Massachusetts from L.A. in December 1965 where we lived for 5 years. We came back to California in January 1970 and the first place we went after we got resettled? Our favorite seafood restaurant! Except it wasn't there. What was? A gas station with some sort of convenience store in the back part. No kidding. So much for trying to relive the past. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 7, 2021 8:04 AM MDT
      August 7, 2021 7:51 AM MDT