Active Now

Shuhak
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How many American Presidents had sons they sent to war? How many died in battle? How many had coward sons who draft dodged?

How many American Presidents had sons they sent to war? How many died in battle? How many had coward sons who draft dodged?

Posted - August 8, 2021

Responses

I found five presidents had sons and/or grandsons that went to war. Both Roosevelts, Ike, Biden and LBJ.
      August 8, 2021 7:36 AM MDT

Thank you for providing us with that information E. I appreciate it bigly. Did you find anything on presidents with draft-dodger sons? Apparently GUANO threatened to disinherit his two oldest sons should they go into the military which I believe they both wanted to do. So they didn't. I know it was not a draft dodged since the draft was discontinued. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      August 8, 2021 7:43 AM MDT

I didn't check any others.
      August 8, 2021 7:48 AM MDT

You did quite a lot which is exceedingly helpful. Thank you for giving me something so informative and useful. I like it a lot! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 8, 2021 12:14 PM MDT
      August 8, 2021 7:50 AM MDT