Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The job of U.S. President is TOO BIG for one person. Also putting ALL THAT POWER in one set of hands is DANGEROUS! SOLUTION?

The job of U.S. President is TOO BIG for one person. Also putting ALL THAT POWER in one set of hands is DANGEROUS! SOLUTION?

Elect a BOARD OF DIRECTORS! EVENLY POWERED. They would run the country. Take the power out of the hands of potential traitors crooks giddy money-hungry hoors.

I know switching over wouldn't be a picnic but so what? We've had trials and tribulations before.
The single president presidency was DISASTROUS DUE TO some monstrous men.

How many on the BOARD? What education experience TRACK RECORD would be required? What kind of CHARACTER REPUTATION would be MANDATORY? We shall have to work that out. WE THE PEOPLE. Not the selected elected.

As is true on a Jury there would have to be 100% AGREEMENT before mandating a dam* thing. The BOARD would consist of a variety of political persuasions. Conservative Liberal Libertarian Green Party etcetera etcetera etcetera.

Just a thought. What think thee about that? What thoughts/ideas do YOU have?.

Posted - August 8, 2021

Responses

All that power is not in the hands of just one person.  We have three branches of government, the Executive, the Judicial and the Legislative.  Each branch is responsible for a different area of managing our country and, together, provide a system of checks and balances so no one branch has more power than another.  
      August 8, 2021 12:13 PM MDT

Dumb Furher seemed to bypass all of that. Am I wrong?
      August 8, 2021 2:26 PM MDT

I'm sure he would have loved doing that if he could have.
      August 8, 2021 2:30 PM MDT

:):):)
      August 9, 2021 3:00 AM MDT

THEORETICALLY. However theory was blown to shreds during the GUANO years. As you well know he took over everything and most of the others rolled over whined and followed orders. GUANO was the government. GUANO was the "Justice" department. GUANO was "the rule of law". What he said is what they did. Have you been following the details of how he tried to overturn the election and how many people got involved in that effort and how close we came to having him bully the justice department to declare the election invalid? It is very shocking and very scary. With him as the example and knowing another him will try the same thing we must needs change the way government is set up. Theory isn't going to work. Just my opinion. Thank you for your reply L.
      August 9, 2021 2:51 AM MDT

All those points are valid.  The other two branches allowed him to get away with all that nonsense and they are equally guilty.
      August 9, 2021 6:50 AM MDT

Of course. SIGH. Imagine a represidenting of GUANO? What THAT would be like? AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 9, 2021 7:06 AM MDT

I don't even want to think about such a possibility!
      August 9, 2021 8:08 AM MDT

I wonder what odds of its happening are? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 9, 2021 8:16 AM MDT

Let's hope the odds are low.
      August 9, 2021 8:28 AM MDT

I dunno. Hope can only go so far! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 9, 2021 9:13 AM MDT

It's only dangerous to the one dumba** that wants to abuse its power.
      August 8, 2021 12:20 PM MDT

Where there is one others will follow. The GUANO paved the way for others like him. You think there is no one else so shoddy shi**y sneaky snaky? Think again my friend. Think again. Many are in the wings waiting their turn plotting how to effectively change the way our country is run. I'm serious Zack. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine. It isn't ONE AND DONE. It's ONE WITH MORE TO COME! AARRGGHH! :)
      August 9, 2021 2:54 AM MDT

The presidency already has such people. That's what the Chief of Staff and Cabinet are there for.
      August 8, 2021 1:17 PM MDT

THEORTEICALLY. However during the GUANO years that theory was shot to he**. GUANO ran everything decided everything and most of nincompoops ninnies complied rolled over and did his bidding. There are more like him out there Stu just waiting for their turn. The GUANO chiefs of staff were crap. His gubment cabinet heads were crap. Who stood up to him? They all caved. Those who didn't were fired. GUANO is the template for future such critters. Theory is fine. But practice is where we live. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine SSB! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 9, 2021 6:00 AM MDT
      August 9, 2021 2:56 AM MDT